How are the major medical device companies strategizing on their direct material/ contract manufacturing sourcing spend?
- Commodity management including finished goods contract manufacturing
- Supplier categorization
- Global sourcing
What are the current and future expectations of major medical device companies of their supplier network with regard to:
- Quality, innovation, cost, service
- Broad based commodity vs. single commodity or niche suppliers
- Strategic, high potential or maintain suppliers
- How are suppliers meeting these expectations today?
How are major medical device companies structuring and resourcing their sourcing organizations today and in the future?
- Centralized, decentralized or hybrid
- Systems and skill sets being deployed
- How is decision-making being impacted today and in the future?
What are the implications and opportunities for the supplier network?
- Current business strategy
- Current and future capability
- Global footprint decisions